Re: [Simulavr-devel] --enable-maintainer-mode added

From: Joel Sherrill
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] --enable-maintainer-mode added
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2009 14:58:31 -0500

Weddington, Eric wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: address@hidden [mailto:address@hidden
u.org] On Behalf Of Joerg Wunsch
Sent: Monday, March 23, 2009 1:19 PM
To: address@hidden

As Joel Sherrill wrote:

Do we want the documentation preformatted in CVS
and not checked unless maintainer mode is enabled?
I'm pretty neutral on that one.  Many projects I'm using and/or
maintaining have the habit of building the documentation as part of
the standard build process, well, sometimes --enable-doc is required
at configure time.  I think maintainers of binary packages do have the
prerequisite software around (although I'm aware of Eric's trouble to
convert AVRDUDE's texinfo documentation into PDF...).

FYI, I haven't had doc issues in a long time.

I'm ok with an --enable-doc configure switch, or even just building the docs as
part of the package.

Let's stop here and leave this one until it causes more trouble. :)

I would like to start really using the simulator. LOL!

Is it OK to apply Michael's SPI patches?  No one is objecting
so is that an OK?