Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #6973] Add -ldl to simulavr_LDADD

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #6973] Add -ldl to simulavr_LDADD
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 18:54:24 +0100

Hi doclist,

for my interrest: on what system do you need to link in explicit libdl.so. (what OS, distri and so one)

I hadn't this problem, not on my ubuntu and also not on WinXP with MinGW. If it is connected with libtool, maybe the installation of libtool isn't right.

If it is connected with python interface (I've seen in config.log, that this lib will be configured in on processing AC_PYTHON_DEVEL m4 macro) then it could have 2 different reasons: one could be a incomplete python installation (I think python-distutils must be available) or a problem mixing new libtool with maybe old m4 macros.

But to analyse this, I need more informations: OS (se below), version libtool, automake and such.

cu, Thomas

Joerg Wunsch schrieb:
Follow-up Comment #1, patch #6973 (project simulavr):

This has to be added to the autoconf magic files.  Not all
systems do have a libdl.so.

If I understand the autoconf documentation correctly, the
(libtool-generated) macro LT_SYS_DLOPEN_DEPLIBS is supposed
to reflect this.  So someone who is affected by this problem
should try this.

  <http://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/?6973>