Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulate a device not supported

From: Onno Kortmann
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Simulate a device not supported
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 2009 00:10:45 +0100

Hi,
> Is possible to simulate the ATMEGA8535 with simulavr or simulavrxx?
AFAIK, it is not possible out of the box, neither with simulavr(no xx) nor
with simulavrxx.

But it is relatively easy to construct a new device in simulavrxx (and, I
suppose, in simulavr, too, but I do not know much about the old code) and
assemble the various simulated hardware systems.

You'd have to look whether the HW subsystems you need in your setup have
already been implemented and, if yes, whether the hardware with the same name
on another device is really the same to the one implemented on the 8535.

I would start with a partial model just supporting the things needed in the
setup the uC will be used in.

Best regards,

Onno