Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7032] unitialized HWUart, did never finish

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] [patch #7032] unitialized HWUart, did never finish sending
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 16:58:21 +0100

Hi Petr,

On my Windows machine I could use TortoiseGit (or Tortoise- anything,
they look all the same) so Git is mostly fine. For my Linux there are
no simple GUIs, I am afraid. (And command-line interface to Git is
difficult, I have heard.)

I've used git on my linux box and (especially to test the possibility to build it on Windows with MinGW) also on a WinXP prof. box. There are (available on both os!) a gui tool named "gitk" for inspecting commited changes and history and with "git gui" a git tool to make and control commits. Both use Tk. It looks a little bit old fasioned compared with other tools and possibilities, but it works. git command line isn't not so difficult now. It was in the beginning a "command hell" (which is available also now!), but now there are a front end tool called "git" :-), so at most I use "git status" for that, what this means, "git commit" - also self describing, "git checkout" for changing revision or branch, "git merge" of course and then "git pull" and "git push" to transfer changes from/to other repos. Not to forget "git clone" to pull a brand new repo from net. And for other, rare work, I use documentation or try-and-error ... ;-)

cu, Thomas