[Simulavr-devel] New feature: read in signatue, lock bits and fuses from

From: ThomasK
Subject: [Simulavr-devel] New feature: read in signatue, lock bits and fuses from elf, if available
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 17:33:03 +0200

Hi list,

now I had a little bit time to start a task, which was in my inbox for a longer time: a suggestion from Petr to read and use controller signature.

I've started now to implement this. If simulavr commandline application read a given elf file, it reads now too signature, fuses and lock bits area, if available. In this first step it compares then signature from elf to controller signature, which is selected by "-d" option on commandline. If a signature is available on elf and not equal to selected controller signature, it aborts.

One question is, is there a need to disable this feature? (maybe on avr-libc tests?) Of course, some simple programs, which are compiled an linked for example for mega16 will also work for mega32. On the other hand, I don't want to implement useless "features". :-)

In the moment, this code resides in my repository, if someone wants to review it or try it, I can upload it in a development branch. Please let me know, if I should do this.

Planed next step is, to extend (E)LPM instruction to read - depending on controller - fuses, lockbits and signature by program.

cu, Thomas