Re: [Simulavr-devel] Build failures on Cygwin

From: David Madden
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Build failures on Cygwin
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 16:08:32 -0800

Hi Petr.

On 02/19/2011 03:22 PM, Petr Hluzín wrote:
Does anyone know how to remove libbfd.a from linking?
Or how to solve the "undefined reference to `_libintl_dgettext'"?

Apologies if you know this, but I believe BFD is the library for loading various binary file formats (ELF, a.out, hex, etc.) So it's probably pretty important for the simulator (although you could also get files loaded by using GDB).

After a quick Google, I see a suggestion to stub out libintl_dggettext:

+#ifndef HAVE_LIBINTL_DGETTEXT
+const char *libintl_dgettext (const char *domain, const char *msg)
+{
+  return msg;
+}

I would guess it's something to do with translated error messages, so it's probably easy and safe to stub it out like that. (The GNU autoconf/automake is really powerful, but when it doesn't work right, I have no idea how to fix it -- it's too complicated!)

Good luck,
--
Mersenne Law LLC  ·  www.mersenne.com  ·  +1-503-679-1671
- Small Business, Startup and Intellectual Property Law -