Re: [Simulavr-devel] Support for atmega2560?

From: ThomasK
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Support for atmega2560?
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 16:19:02 +0100

Hi Yifei,

as Joerg wrote before, use atmega1248 controller could be a good starting point. It has 128k flash instead of 256k flash on atmega2560.

But if this could help you depends on, what you want to simulate. A full blown controller with all peripherals (and for your type correct behaviour!) is a lot of work to do. Even the allready implemented controllers haven't all peripherals and sometimes it could happen, that there are bugs. (as I have seen shortly, watchdog feature, if implemented doesn't fit newer devices and so one)

So all depends on, what you want to do. But for the first shot and if you don't need any peripherals, which are not implemented, and if your code doesn't exceed 128k or need higher addresses (maybe bootloader block or so) it's ok in my opinion to start with atmega1284 part in simulation.

cu, Thomas