sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] TZAG! It's a Coyo!

From: Alex
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] TZAG! It's a Coyo!
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 23:03:23 -0500

Good whatever-the-appropriate-greeting-for-your-timezone-is!

Pleasure to meet yall, I'm Alex from Texas, and I finally decided to
listen in on the mailing list.

I do not really grok SIP, so I'll only be able to follow bits and
peices, but I comprehend basic computer science and basic TCP/IP, I
understand sockets, know what an IP address is, and am familiar with the
unique problems encountered with filesharing networks, voip networks to
a lesser extent, and instant messaging networks.

I admit I have more experience with managing federated servers as
opposed to supernodes, but I've always been fascinated with p2p networks
of every kind.

It's my passion!

So again, it's a pleasure to meet all of you, I hope that I can learn a
thing or two from yall.

I'm going to begin learning DNS fairly soon, and how to run name servers.

I am competent enough with linux that I can maintain a minor
straight-debian server with servers that arent under constant attack or
high demand. I doubt I have the skillz for a fully fledged high-profile
server cluster, as my kung fu is not enough, and I am but an egg.

BUT, I do learn fast, so when given a chance, I do soak up knowledge
like nobody's business.

I am currently trying to learn Python programming, BIND9 name server
administration, and Lojban at the same time. It's a bit challenging.

I just hope I can keep it up when I start studying at community college,
preparing for a bachelor's degree.

I have the intelligence, even if I have the attention span of a small
puppy. If I can focus, I can learn.

That said, I look forward to learning about the intricities of SIP and
how to approach a SIP p2p network.

I have no idea how sipwitch is supposed to work, since I thought you had
to have a domain as part of your sip address, or at least some reliable
way to address the receptive party to an outgoing call.

I wonder if SIPWitch is part of the wider SIP network? How does that work?

I'm going to see if I can hunt down some documentation, haven't been
able to find any.