sipwitch-devel

[Sipwitch-devel] Hello, ucommon, wiki

From: Felipe T. Dorado
Subject: [Sipwitch-devel] Hello, ucommon, wiki
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2015 21:30:51 +0100

Hello  : )

As I wrote this morning in gnucomm-private, where probably shouldn't have
done, I am a newcomer to this VoIP field, no programmer, no
developer, just an interested user wishing to learn and help others if I
can.

I have found the latest developments at
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/sipwitch.git. The most recent commit
there is sipwitch 1.9.14 which is way ahead of the system I have now:
Debian 3.2.65-1+deb7u1 with  sipwitch 1.2.4-1  and  libucommon  5.2.2-4.
I see that this is about 4 years old.
What version could I make trials with that my system can stand without
having to upgrade it or use another installation or machine? I have sound
reasons for not wanting to do so.

Also, I find that the wiki at the domain gnutelephony.org is not up. I can
imagine lots of reasons for this unfortunate fact and hope it can be
revived  : ?
It would be a perfect place to start some kind of manual, quick-start,
howtos or any pages to help people who like me appear, show interest in
collaborating, ask a couple of questions but are never heard of again.
I offer my help in documenting the difficulties I find and explain
solutions to other newcomers and incite them to use the software, or at
least try it out.

Thanks to David Sugar for this project and for his effort and work along
these years.

Felipe  : )