sketch-devel

Re: Skencil for Windows packaged

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: Re: Skencil for Windows packaged
Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2003 10:58:11 +0100

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 08:55:05PM +0200, Joonas Paalasmaa wrote:
> I compiled Skencil's CVS version on windows and packaged it
> using Python's distutils. Libart caused some problems so
> I conpiled without it. The application works quite well.

Cool!

> Now that we have a development version working on Windows, shouldn't we
> somehow advertise it on Skencil's web site?

Yes, we should.

The fastest way to get this done,
is to produce a patch so that Bernhard or myself can directly
drop it in, when we have a couple of minutes time.

http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?thread_id=2375827&forum_id=4026

> Skencil might attract a lot of
> open source developers and even more new users because it works on the
> almighty Windows.

We just to have to be carefull with the development version
that people know that sketch in general has a high quality
and they don't judge it only on this development version.

        Bernhard R.

> Windows installer supporting Start Menu shortcuts and uninstallation can
> be found at http://speedloop2000.com/skencil/

If sketch is useful for you, consider tipping the project:
               http://sketch.sourceforge.net/payments.html