sketch-devel

Re: solution for typesetting

From: Bernhard Reiter
Subject: Re: solution for typesetting
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 15:37:59 +0100

Hi Christof,

On Tue, Jan 06, 2004 at 08:00:15PM +0100, C. Ecker wrote:
> Hey, I am writing a new plugin for skencil which will make the old one
> completely obsolete. Unlike this, it allows editing directly in the
> skencil window. In the final version it should be more or less a full
> textprocessor having additionally elaborate features as hyphenation,
> formula editing and a TeX-like linebreaking.

Wow, good news for skencil again.

> The current version can already do a couple of interesting things, but is
> useless since saving is not possible. Have a look at a screenshot:
> http://de.geocities.com/dendronde/Bildschirmfoto.png
> It can be downloaded from
> http://de.geocities.com/dendronde/MyWord-0.0.tar.gz

The screenshot looks impressing.
I'm thinking a bit about how to promote the skencil 0.7 line
a bit more. At intevation we based on extension on the 0.7 line
also there is a windows version. As you are starting a fresh
development it might make sense to base it on 0.7 to motivate
everybody to get 0.7 in a really usable state.

Bernhard R.