sketch-devel

[bugs #8593] problem export Data with coordinates to Postscript

From: anonymous
Subject: [bugs #8593] problem export Data with coordinates to Postscript
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 05:36:58 -0400

This mail is an automated notification from the bugs tracker
 of the project: Skencil.

[bugs #8593] Full Item Snapshot:

Project: Skencil
Submitted by: 0
On: Fri 04/16/04 at 05:36

Category:  None
Severity:  5 - Average
Item Group:  Feature Request
Resolution:  None
Assigned to:  None
Release:  0.6.x

Original Submission:  I am using skencil with the GeoObject add-on together
with
Shape files on linux SuSe 8.1.

I try to export to Postscript (Save as Postscript) which seems to be EPS. All
is fine, but I cannot open the exported file with other graphic programs as
gimp or display or xv

This is the original header, created by skencil.

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 EPSF-3.0
%%For: Otto Dassau
%%CreationDate: Tue Apr  6 12:42:35 2004
%%Title: Karte_landnutzung_alt.ps
%%Creator: Skencil 0.6.16
%%Pages: 1
%%BoundingBox: -6 0 3545646 5785086
%%Extensions: CMYK
%%DocumentSuppliedResources: (atend)
%%DocumentNeededResources: font NimbusSanL-Bold
%%DocumentNeededResources: font NimbusSanL-BoldCond
%%EndComments

When I change the line parameter for BoundingBox:

(original with Gauß-Krueger coordinates)
%%BoundingBox: -6 0 3545646 5785086

to the 'real' pixel amount and also change the order,
which means changing manually from portrait to landscape
it works.
%%BoundingBox: -6 0 595 842

To handle ps outputs using the GeoObject add-on like this doesn't seem to be
very elegant. It would be nice, if the %%BoundingBox: could be adapted, so
other graphic programs can read and edit the Postscript files.

  thanks for you help
    Otto Dassau

For detailed info, follow this link:
<http://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=8593>