sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] sks cleandb gives exception

From: Olaf Gellert
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] sks cleandb gives exception
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 16:39:10 +0100

Hi,

> First of all, from a debugging standpoint, you can certainly build a
> byte-code version of SKS.  Just do "make all.bc" and "make install.bc",
> and you will get an sks.bc executable ready for debugging.
Ok, I only did a "make install" and no "make install.bc",
but no problem (I had the bytecode version generated anyways).

> I'd like to see what errors you get from the .bc version.  If you set the
> enviornment variable OCAMLRUNPARAM to "b=1.0", you may get a stacktrace.
>
> Could you also provide more info about the platform you're running on (os
> version, architecture) and exactly what you did during the run (command
> line arguments, contents of sksconf, etc.)

Ok, here we go: It is a SuSE Linux 9.0, running on a
Dell PowerEdge 2500 (Intel CPU, 933MHz).

There are no config files until now (no sksconf, no
other), what I did exactly is:

bash-2.05b# sks.bc build
bash-2.05b# ls -l KDB
total 300
-rw-------    1 0        0            8192 Feb 10 15:52 __db.001
-rw-------    1 0        0        26222592 Feb 10 15:52 __db.002
-rw-------    1 0        0            4096 Feb 10 15:52 key
-rw-------    1 0        0            8192 Feb 10 15:52 keyid
-rw-------    1 0        0            8192 Feb 10 15:52 meta
-rw-------    1 0        0            8192 Feb 10 15:52 subkeyid
-rw-------    1 0        0            8192 Feb 10 15:52 time
-rw-------    1 0        0            8192 Feb 10 15:52 tqueue
-rw-------    1 0        0            8192 Feb 10 15:52 word
bash-2.05b# sks.bc cleandb
Fatal error: exception Not_found
Raised by primitive operation at file "clean_keydb.ml", line 344, character 14
Called from file "clean_keydb.ml", line 363, character 23
Called from file "sks.ml", line 168, character 16

Is it necessary to actually provide a keyring dump
for this (actually there is none, I want to try
first with a few keys). There was no try to access
a file in the dump-directory, so there should not
be a problem.

Is it necessary to provide some more things from the
ocaml environment? In the actual setting I have not
configured any pathes to ocaml (and when the sks
is running I want to remove the compiler).

Cheers,
Olaf

--
Olaf Gellert                           mailto:address@hidden
DFN-PCA                                   DFN-CERT Services GmbH