sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] How long to dump database

From: Yaron M. Minsky
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] How long to dump database
Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 14:37:56 -0500

This is on a "fastbuild"-built database, right?  The dump, if I remember
correctly, doesn't optimize for the kind of database, and so if it's a
fastbuild database, it ends up jumping around between the files
willy-nilly.  That's VERY slow.  You can do a differential dump, which
only dumps the keys not in the original database.  The new files
combiend with the old files then give you a complete (although
redundant) dump.  I should probably do a version that does an efficient
dump of the whole thing, but I just haven't gotten around to it.

How much demand is there for this feature?  How many people would be
interested?