sks-devel

[Sks-devel] strange behavior with empty database

From: Fabio Massimo Di Nitto
Subject: [Sks-devel] strange behavior with empty database
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 19:25:08 +0100 (CET)

Hi Yaron,
        I am performing some tests starting a full resync using one sks
instance with an empty database (using the latest cvs snapshot).

after i start the 2 sks servers, one of which is fully synced and the 2
starts gossiping i get this error in the logs:

2004-02-25 18:58:30 <reconciliation handler> error in callback.:
Failure("Remote configuration rejected: filters do not match.\n\tlocal
filters: [ yminsky.dedup yminsky.merge ]\n\tremote filters: [ ]")

Now checking the logs again i notice that on the server that has the db
there is this entry:

2004-02-25 19:10:53 Applied filters: yminsky.dedup, yminsky.merge

while on the other "yminsky.dedup, yminsky.merge" is missing.

at that point i imported a small set of keys in the empty db and these 2
entries are back in.

now the 2 servers seem to talk but they keep resetting the session towards
each other. Perhaps because of the number of keys that needs to be
transferred?

NOTE: I am using the Dlong for numerix.ml on both the servers since one of
them is a sparc. The fully synced one is i386 and it is still talking fine
with its peers.

Thanks
Fabio

--
<user> fajita: step one
<fajita> Whatever the problem, step one is always to look in the error log.