sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Yet another SKS gossip request

From: Phil Pennock
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Yet another SKS gossip request
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:08:35 -0500

On 2011-02-20 at 10:20 -0800, David Benfell wrote:
> To borrow the boilerplate from http://www.keysigning.org/sks/ :
>
> I have a new keyserver running and would like to peer with other
> servers. Please add me to your 'membership' file with the following
> entry and provide your details in return so I can do the same:
>
> cybernude.org 11370 # David Benfell 0xFBEC617D

Your server doesn't appear to be listening for queries, as there's
nothing on:
  http://cybernude.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

Note that the gossip protocol on port 11370 exchanges metadata but still
needs port 11371 to exchange the actual keys.

You might also read:
  http://code.google.com/p/sks-keyserver/wiki/Peering

-Phil