sks-devel

Re: Fwd: [Sks-devel] New keyserver: keyserver.searchy.nl

From: Jonathan Oxer
Subject: Re: Fwd: [Sks-devel] New keyserver: keyserver.searchy.nl
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 16:50:32 +1100

On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 00:03 +0000, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:

> I've seen over 7,600 keys arrive indirectly over the mesh over the last 36
> hours, so that's a result :)

Not quite there yet though so maybe I need to drop the DB, pull another
key dump, and start again.

keys.keysigning.org still isn't in the pool because it's behind on keys.
When I brought it back to life a month or two ago I grabbed a key dump
and started it up, but the key dump turned out to be missing about 23k
keys. It's been running ever since and hasn't caught up. Weeks later
it's *still* about 23k keys behind most other servers, reporting 2903230
keys:

http://keys.keysigning.org:11371/pks/lookup?op=stats

As far as I can see it's never going to catch up based on its current
DB. Even doing a very conservative 1-key-per-minute gossip update, it
should have taken less than 7 days to catch up all 23k keys. Weeks later
it doesn't seem to be any closer.

Suggestions? Should I drop the DB and start again?

Cheers
--
Jonathan Oxer
Signed / encrypted email preferred: <jon.oxer.com.au/gpg>