sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] new keydump source

From: Jeffrey Johnson
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] new keydump source
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 17:08:52 -0400

On Aug 17, 2012, at 2:31 PM, Jason Harris <address@hidden> wrote:

> Have any of the OCaml hackers ever thought about dumping keys in
> keyid (v. SKS hash) order?  That would make less deltas when using
> rsync.  Each keydump file would then have a set range of keys, e.g.,
> sks-dump-0000.pgp would always have (keyids) 0x00000000 - 0x000008ff.

While I'm not an OCaml hacker, the easiest way to achieve
key ordering would be to switch from DB_HASH -> DB_BTREE
so that the keys are pre-sorted when preparing the dump.

The one _ESSENTIAL_ additional change might be to override
the key comparison with memcmp (the default in Berkeley DB) if
little endian integers were somehow used as keys.

73 de Jeff