sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Legalese for mismatched expectations

From: Christoph Anton Mitterer
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Legalese for mismatched expectations
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 02:57:27 +0200

On Fri, 2013-08-30 at 20:46 -0400, Jeffrey Johnson wrote:
> Too many words, keep it KISS in plain speak.
Agreed...

First, it's not our job to educate people with respect to
cryptography/security in general... we should only focus on the
keyserver related issues, and as such we should IMHO rather try, to
educate users that the whole keyserver network can never really protect
from MiM downgrading and/or blocking attacks.
But even that should be rather educated by the OpenPGP implementations.

A simple note as in the BSD license, that the service is provided "as
is", might make sense, though.

Cheers,
Chris.