sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Protocol Details for HKP\HKPS\Gossip

From: Benny Baumann
Subject: [Sks-devel] Protocol Details for HKP\HKPS\Gossip
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 19:00:07 +0100

Hi folks,

because I know this might get a bit complicated let's split this in 3 parts:

1. HKP: AFAIK this is based on HTTP/1.0, but is there any documentation
on what possible calls could arrive at the server (in the logs I noticed
/pks/lookup, /pks/hashquery and /pks/add, but it's somehow a bit
troublesome to re-engineer the whole API when one was going to write
some own frontend or caching interface. How accurate is the
description[1] linked at [2]?

2. HKPS: Any difference from HKP aside from tunneling by SSL and the
pinning of the CA of the certificate?

3. Gossip: Is there some documentation of the binary gossip protocol?
Having a rough look at the TCP dump I made for testing this looks like
the OpenPGP data is sent in the clear, but unfortunately I didn't manage
to get any more out of the dump. But given only the algorithmic
description [3],[4] it's not quite feasable to come up with a complying
implementation.

Regards,
BenBE.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-shaw-openpgp-hkp-00.txt