sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Tuning

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Tuning
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 10:32:17 -0500

On 11.02.2014 08:38, Christian Reiß wrote:
[...]
Also I am using puppet to deploy the sks server. Anyone else using
puppet? membership file (et all) is managed over hiera. So if we have
any puppet3 users I am glad to share.

Lastly, I wrote a (10 liner) php-script that queries the sks-keyserver stats page for (my) server checking keydiff, status and port-status (80, hkps) and exits with error/warning. Used in my case for bi-hourly icinga
checks. Same here: I'll share. Drop me a line.

-Christian

I'm actually in the process of writing an SKS puppet module [1] that I'll be applying to my servers. Currently my servers were configured by hand but they have the Puppet3 agent running on them. I only started working on it last night but it's been on my TODO list for awhile now. I have it mostly handling the sksconf and membership file so far. I still have to work on the web server front end which I'm planning to have able to use nginx or Apache.

Speaking of which I'm open to anyone else wanting to help work on it. I'm still uncertain if I want to try and have the keydump download and import be part of the module or just make notice that the step needs to be done manually. Reason for not wanting to include it is that the process can take longer than a standard config catalog run will timeout.

1. https://github.com/UGNS/puppet-sks