sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Fate of keyserver.undergrid.net

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: [Sks-devel] Fate of keyserver.undergrid.net
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 16:32:25 -0500

    It has come to the point in cleaning up my infrastructure due to
finances that I am looking to have to shutter the host that runs
keyserver.undergrid.net on. The good news is that I'll be able to
maintain the hostname and simply point it to sks.undergrid.net which is
my 3-node cluster that costs less than half of what it takes to run
keyserver.undergrid.net. The original SSL certificate I have for
keyserver.undergrid.net did include both keyserver.undergrid.net and
sks.undergrid.net as SANs so I can simply replace the cert on
sks.undergrid.net with the one from keyserver.undergrid.net and it'll
respond appropriately for both. The only loss of service availability
will be that of IPv6 connectivity.

    With that I'd like to ask if anyone currently has
keyserver.undergrid.net in their membership file to please update it and
use sks.undergrid.net instead. If you don't already have
sks.undergrid.net already in your membership file please send me an
email privately and I'll add you to mine. I didn't want to just blanket
merge all my peers first and potentially cause problems. If you're
looking for peers this would be a good time as I'm actively working on
the configuration and can respond quickly as well.

    I'd like to have this migration done by Monday the 24th so that I
have time to backup everything on the host and shut it down before I get
billed for another cycle.

sks.undergrid.net
# Jeremy T. Bouse <address@hidden> 0xD01E190C