sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Shutdown of pgp.jjim.de

From: Joel Brunenberg
Subject: [Sks-devel] Shutdown of pgp.jjim.de
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 17:07:32 +0100

Dear fellow keyserver operators,

I write you to inform you about the upcoming permenant shutdown of the
keyserver pgp.jjim.de

You probably have this server in your membership-file with a line
similar to this:

pgp.jjim.de 11370 # Joel Garske <address@hidden> 0xAD25981C

IPs are 31.172.10.71, 2a01:a700:4816:104::1:3

The shutdown will take place 1.11.2014 during the day (CET) - The last
key dump that should be generated 31.10.2014 will not take place, all
previous key-dumps will be removed today or tomorrow. I have already
removed the download source from the bitbucket site.

Please de-peer the server and perhaps anyone could already take it out
of the rotation.

While I am very sorry to inform you that this step will take place, I am
even more sorry about the reasons. The jjim project hosting this
keyserver broke apart and the resources remaining at the moment are not
sufficient to look after this server. Because I object to having an
unmaintained server out there, I will take this step to shut it down.

Thank you all for peering and keeping the servers up and running . If I
can find the time, I will try to setup a keyserver again and hope I will
still be welcome then.

Cheers,

/jbn

--