sks-devel

[Sks-devel] RESOLVED: Re: Sks.disunitedstates.com down

From: David Benfell
Subject: [Sks-devel] RESOLVED: Re: Sks.disunitedstates.com down
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2014 22:30:29 -0700

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 10:39:12AM +1300, William Demchick wrote:

> The web service seems to be working as far as I can tell.

So I finally got back to my server and looked at this.

Every morning at 4:15 am, I stop sks, and run a dump, then restart it.
All on a cron job.

It appears this time that the command to stop the database process
hung. Reissuing the command worked and it is now generating a dump. As
soon as it finishes, it should come back up.

--
David Benfell <address@hidden>
See https://parts-unknown.org/node/2 if you don't understand the