sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Seemingly corrupted DB, not syncing

From: Arnold
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Seemingly corrupted DB, not syncing
Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2015 00:16:32 +0200

On 06-08-15 17:50, Gunnar Wolf wrote:
> Daniel Kahn Gillmor dijo [Wed, Aug 05, 2015 at 07:22:26PM -0400]:
>>> So... In your experience, what should be done? Is my best bet to just
>>> drop my DB and download a set of dumps again?
>>
>> You might be able to just drop your PTree (not the DB) and have sks
>> rebuild it, without needing a new set of dumps.  I'm sorry to not have
>> any more sophisticated suggestions.  bdb's failure modes continue to
>> perplex me. :/
>
> OK, this *seems* to have worked: After removing and creating a new,
> *empty* /var/lib/sks/PTree directory, I started sks,

You did run something like
$ if ! /usr/sbin/sks pbuild -cache 20 -ptree_cache 70; then echo "fail"; else
echo
"OK"; fi; tail /var/log/sks/pbuild.log

to rebuild the PTree database, did you? I would be surprised if it works without
(but it might just as well do :-) ).

As a last resort, instead of downloading a full set of keys, you can stop all
sks
processes and generate a key dump yourself. It only needs the DB for that
(PTree is
for the recon process).

Good luck!
  Arnold