sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Your thoughts and any objective performance data

From: Jeremy T. Bouse
Subject: [Sks-devel] Your thoughts and any objective performance data
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2015 16:20:16 -0400

    Okay, so I need to rebuild the sks.undergrid.net cluster to upgrade
the base OS image. I currently have the nginx and sks configuration
handled via Salt so that isn't a big issue with me rebuilding from
scratch. The issue is the systems have 20GB drives and the sks database
is 13GB. This presents the problem of I can't download a keydump, import
it and delete it. If I had the space I could actually automate that with
Salt easily enough. The only other options is to do the fastbuild and
keep the dump files letting it use that for those keys instead of
reading them into the DB. Previously what I did was I had built another
server with additional drive space and imported the keys then rsynced
the DB file over. I've had to do that a couple times before when I've
had issues with upgrades. Since it's a cluster no one really even
notices when I've done that.

    So my question is does anyone have any thoughts on how best to
handle? I've simply imported the keys and removed the dump in the past
as I assumed that was faster than having it read the keys from the dump
files themselves. Am I correct? Is it worth trying to maintain importing
over fastbuild?