sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Underserved areas?

From: dirk astrath
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Underserved areas?
Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2018 19:58:25 +0000

Hi,

various regional pools.  It seems that the NA and OC pools quite often
contain hosts that are in Europe.  This could be because physical
geography and internet routing are two very different things but I think
more likely it is because the system(s) that are being used to measure
server performance are located in Europe and this skews the results.

One of my servers ( sks.fidocon.de ) is currently running on a virtual server in singapur (for some reasons).

So ... don't assume, that a ".de"-domain-endpoint has to be in germany ... it the ip-adress for this domain can be anywhere in the world ... ;-)

Kind regards,

dirk