sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Debian asks package and default paths

From: Alain Wolf
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Debian asks package and default paths
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2018 19:11:44 +0100

On 23.01.2018 17:18, Daniel Kahn Gillmor wrote:
> On Tue 2018-01-23 10:51:54 +0100, Alain Wolf wrote:
>> I would try to change desired filepaths in
>> debian/patches/0001-use-debian-fhs.patch
>
> Hi there--
>
> I'm one of the current maintainers of the debian package.
>
> this patch is intended to put sks in compliance with the filesystem
> hierarchy.
>
> however, i'm not convinced that the patches in the debian package are
> the right thing for debian today, since they basically hardcode a single
> path (and make it difficult to run two instances of sks on the same
> machine, for example).  I'd welcome any proposals people have that:

The only proposal that comes to my mind is to 'fix' this within SKS
itself by adding command-line options and or config-file options.
Apparently there is already ticket:

https://bitbucket.org/skskeyserver/sks-keyserver/issues/6/make-directories-better-configurable

Multiple instances could then be setup like .i.e. Tor with
tor-instance-create(8).

But sorry, I am again in no position to help there.

--
pgpkeys.urown.net 11370 # <address@hidden> 0x27A69FC9A1744242