sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Descriptive error meesages

From: Gabor Kiss
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Descriptive error meesages
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2018 19:25:29 +0100 (CET)

> 2018-01-29 18:05:16 <recon as client> error in callback.:
> Sys_error("Connection reset by peer")
>
> I?m seeing these type of error messages, which is great to know that it
> happened, but it begs the question: Who/what was the peer that reset the
> connection?
> The reverse side (As I?m having the two separate servers talking) is then
> also: ?Which client did I refuse, and ?cause of what reasons??
>
> So let?s ask it this way: (1) advised OCAML reference & tutorial guides?
> (2) Where should I start looking for these errors messages to help enhance
> them?

This is a kernel error code. It is not related to any programming language.

$ errno 104
ECONNRESET 104 Connection reset by peer
$

I guess a TCP connection was terminated by the remote side.
It is absolute legal. :-)

If you need more information look around socket programming on the web.

Regards

Gabor