sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] pool for Africa?

From: Hendrik Visage
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] pool for Africa?
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 19:51:47 +0200

> On 06 Feb. 2018, at 18:53 , Andrew Gallagher <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> On 06/02/18 16:45, Hendrik Visage wrote:
>> Good day,
>>
>>  As I’m busy setting up and deploying SKS servers at INX)ZA sites (three
>> at present) and some of the other African peering points, the question
>> arose: how many servers would be needed to make a sensible pool for Africa?
>
> There is an inbuilt assumption here, which is that "Africa" is a
> meaningful division in the first place. In the world of network
> topology, many African countries - particularly in the north - are
> better connected to Europe than they are to their African neighbours…

Granted, for the North then the eu.pool would be more appropriate :)

Thus, perhaps I should then re-phrase: “A southern and  eastern Africa pool”
The group that I envisage to be part of that pool, have usually reasonable
inter connections, and the deployments are to be at INXs, and at minimum
intra-peering within these servers at the INXs.