sks-devel

Re: [Sks-devel] Operational question for all

From: Hendrik Visage
Subject: Re: [Sks-devel] Operational question for all
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 07:55:44 +0200

On 14 Mar 2018, at 07:26 , Jeremy T. Bouse <address@hidden> wrote:

    I've been running my SKS cluster under Docker for awhile now and my
current Docker cluster is currently Tango Uniform it would appear (hence
sks.undergrid.net being offline still). I've got an ECS (Docker-based)
cluster already running and operational in AWS that I could move the
service over to however the issue that has kept me from doing so is the
operational difference it would incur. Looking to get some opinions and
see if I'm overthinking it or if I'd be good to go.

    First of all the cluster is in a private subnet with no direct
internet so it gets NAT'd outbound from an IP address that would not
match the inbound IP address to be used.

From what I’ve seen thus far, the gossipping/recon coming from an IP that’s not resolving
from those names in the membership file, gets ignored.

That might be a version 2 feature request: have peers authenticated not based on IP, but pub/private keys

---
Hendrik Visage
HeViS.Co Systems Pty Ltd
T/A Envisage Systems / Envisage Cloud Solutions
+27-84-612-5345 or +27-21-945-1192
address@hidden