sks-devel

[Sks-devel] Peering Issues - High IO ending with Eventloop.SigAlarm alwa

From: Todd Fleisher
Subject: [Sks-devel] Peering Issues - High IO ending with Eventloop.SigAlarm always occur with 1 peer
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2018 13:54:46 -0700

Hi All,
I recently joined the pool and started having an issue after adding a second external peer to my membership file. The symptoms are abnormally high IO load on the disk whenever my server tries to reconcile with the second peer (149.28.198.86), ending with a failure message "add_keys_merge failed: Eventloop.SigAlarm”. It appears it tries to reconcile a large number of keys (100) consistently when this happens. I’ve read previous list threads about this message (e.g. https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2018-06/msg00051.html & https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/sks-devel/2011-06/msg00077.html) which mention the cause potentially being a large key trying to be processed and failing. I tried increasing my client_max_body_size from 8m -> 32m in NGINX, but the issue persisted. For now, I have removed the second peer from my membership file to keep from over-taxing my server with no apparent benefits. I have included an excerpt of my logs showing the behavior. Can someone please advise what might be causing this issue and what can be done to resolve it? Thanks in advance.

-T