slacktools-dev

Re: [Slacktools-dev] The use of mailing

From: bracaman
Subject: Re: [Slacktools-dev] The use of mailing
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 21:28:35 +0100

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 01:30:06PM +0100, Paulo Abrantes wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Although it's only us at the moment reading the mailing list,
> it's wise to start posting from the begining in english, since
> anyone can start pulling records of previous mail and will be
> like "wtf?" :)

Yes, you're right. I hope you can understand my english :)

> Besides that, the only thing I have to say is let the ideas
> flow. João, it would be nice for you to post a "I want this
> to be a feature" document, so we could start start thinking
> in the software design.

The first thing I'd like to do, before writing a document,
is to "see" your ideas if you have any...

For the moment, I can just show some topics we have discussed
in our informal meetings:

 * Package management - including dependencies, specific user install, apt style
   - For this one there was the idea of trying to adapt slackware to use the
debian packages
     servers (maybe it's a bad idea, but it's an idea anyway :))

 * Easy way to create, install, uninstall, and keep track of packages

Well, these are the package related ideas... if you have any other, please let
me know!

My best regards,
João