[Social-discuss] any plan to give a look at shindig ?

From: Giulio Fidente
Subject: [Social-discuss] any plan to give a look at shindig ?
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2009 19:09:47 +0200

hi there,

first email to the list from me :)

I was wondering, is there any plan for inclusion of shindig?

here's how it's described on the apache's incuabator page:

Apache Shindig is an OpenSocial container and helps you to start hosting OpenSocial apps quickly by providing the code to render gadgets, proxy requests, and handle REST and RPC requests.

http://incubator.apache.org/shindig/

I know daysicha has to be revolutionary , not just OpenSocial , but this is a container for OpenSocial apps which can be integrated into existing backends:

http://www.opensocial.org/page/building-an-opensocial

wouldn't it be great to allow externals to build their own apps to include here?