[Social-discuss] cooperation with the fsf and the gnu social project

From: Timo Luthmann
Subject: [Social-discuss] cooperation with the fsf and the gnu social project
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 17:01:33 +0200

Dear folks,
we are from mensch.coop, a German cooperative witch develops since 3
years a social network written in php5 and mysql. Our main focus is that
the user controls their data.

The social network is right now a closed beta. In the summer we want
release the source code under the agpl v3.

We are interested in cooperation with free software foundation and the
gnu social project.
greetings,
Timo Luthmann & Vadim Ullman from mensch.coop

A note to our project:
Our ideal is to develop a social network witch is open source, and in
our network (http://mensch.coop) we make a social network targeted at
grass-root-groups and non-goverment-organisations with the main topic of
solidarity economy and grass-root-politics. The rights on the user
generated data is under a open license and the rights on the private
data stays by the users.

Our future plans for the software are the implementation of Open Street
Map quite soon, the implementation of more open standards for a better
dataportabillity and interfaces to the big corporate social networks for
a migration strategy. An other important goal is the development of a
cross-server-federation between the different installations.

The vision is to create decentralized social networks in the control of
the civil society and the people.

Contact:
address@hidden

http://mensch.coop