[Social-discuss] Onesocialweb source code and federation

From: Laurent Eschenauer
Subject: [Social-discuss] Onesocialweb source code and federation
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 15:47:38 +0200

Hi everyone,

Just a small email to let you know that we released the first version of onesocialweb today. So you should now be in a position to setup your own XMPP Openfire server, install our plugin, and you will be part of the federation. Just keep in mind that this is a very first release and many pieced are not yet in place.

http://onesocialweb.org/download.html

In terms of goal, I think we are well aligned with the current discussions happening on this mailing list. When you guys move forward and start specifying a protocol, we'll happily contribute and implement if possible. At this stage, our federation protocol is based on XMPP.

http://onesocialweb.org/docs-protocol.html

Feedback will be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Laurent