[Social-discuss] Hosting Freedom and Hardware Sharing

From: Patrick Anderson
Subject: [Social-discuss] Hosting Freedom and Hardware Sharing
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 05:21:08 -0600

Hello all,

I've been thinking about a different approach to this problem that
would allow us to use software that has been in operation for decades,
and is already being used by Google, etc.

I wonder what it would take for us to cooperatively purchase and
manage more traditionally centralized servers so we can host the
software that is already written and running.

For example, we could start a "Free as in Freedom" email service, a
video hosting site, cloud services, etc.

Another advantage to this approach would be that you could access your
account from any other terminal.

Sincerely,
Patrick Anderson
Social Sufficiency Coalition