[Social-discuss] friending on the social web

From: Story Henry
Subject: [Social-discuss] friending on the social web
Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:35:56 +0100

Hi,

   We just put together what is IMHO the simplest solution to creating remote
friends possible. It is inspired by the well known xmlrpc pingback mechanism,
for which we developed an ontology.

 I think gnu social is happy with foaf, so this would be a minute piece of
coding for
a huge gain. One could have completely distributed friending requests, which
for the user would be as simple as point and click.

   See the description here:

      http://esw.w3.org/Pingback

   I'd be very interested in feedback on this,

        Henry

Social Web Architect
http://bblfish.net/