Re: [Social-discuss] Impossible to Register

From: Mikael Nordfeldth
Subject: Re: [Social-discuss] Impossible to Register
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2016 01:43:12 +0100

On 2016-03-12 17:43, Norbu wrote:
> I have issues with registration. After having comfirmed via my inbox
> email, I enter new password, confirm and then I got this:

I'm not sure which instance you are trying this on. There are multiple
GNU social instances run by different administrators. Where are you
trying to register an account?

> Bad Request
> Captcha does not match!
>
> But I never had any captcha!

There is a captcha to prove that you are a human being in a default
configuration registration form. Perhaps this is not being shown on the
instance you use, since it might use a plugin that needs some fixing
(RequireValidatedEmail could be such a plugin, if you had to fill in an
email before setting a password).

> I've unable all of my protection extentions from my browser but nothing
> changed.

You should not need javascript at all, third party resource requests or
anything like that to register an account on a "normal" GNU social node. :)

--
Mikael Nordfeldth
https://blog.mmn-o.se/