social-mediagoblin

Re: [Social-mediagoblin] Tahoe-LAFS as a document-oriented database

From: Deborah Nicholson
Subject: Re: [Social-mediagoblin] Tahoe-LAFS as a document-oriented database
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2011 11:22:13 -0400

<snipped from Will>

One of my use cases for this system is to support a workflow for
creating, pushing, and versioning mockups for stuff I work on.  Thus I'd
also like revisions.  Having said that, I could adjust my dream mockup
workflow to live without them, too.

Several free software versioning systems already exist, so it seems like there really ought to be an example out there where someone has made it play nicely with a database, right? (sadly I don't have any idea what that example might be) If we can take an existing version control system and massage it in, it might not be too much extra work to include. Or at least leave the door open for later if we have an idea of what system we'd want to add when we get there. Feel free to tell me why this wouldn't work. :)

Deb