Re: No spamassassin headers being added

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: No spamassassin headers being added
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 22:38:17 -0500

In the last episode (Aug 19), Yusuf Goolamabbas said:
> Hi, I downloaded spamass-milter 0.1.2 and installed it alongwith
> sendmail 8.12.5 on a RH 7.3 box, When I send a test mesg to an acnt
> I don't see any headers such X-Spam-Status or X-Spam-Level in the
> message. I don't have any .forward or .procmailrc or ~/.spamassassin
> directory in the user home dir at that time

The INPUT_MAIL_FILTER macro in the README will allow mail to get
delivered if there is a problem with the mailter.  Check your sendmail
logfile (usually in /var/log/maillog) for error messages.  Note that
sendmail won't start the milter for you.  You have to start it
yourself, just like spamd.  There's a startup script for RedHat in the
contrib directory.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden