Re: spamc failure results in mail being allowed anyway?

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: spamc failure results in mail being allowed anyway?
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 16:57:14 -0500

In the last episode (Sep 26), Ron Snyder said:
> > With spamass-milter 2.31, I've got my sendmail is configured
>
> I bet it would have been more helpful if I'd been accurate
> in my first email. :)
>
> SpamAssassin 2.31, spamassassin-milter 0.1.2, sendmail 8.12.6.
>
> -ron
>
> > to return a temp fail error if the milter isn't accessible, but I'm
> > noticing that if spamc can't connect to spamd, the milter allows
> > the mail to be delivered anyway.  Is there any way to resolve this
> > issue?  (I'd like for the incoming mail delivery to "temp fail" if
> > any portion of the milter+spamassassin sw isn't available.)

Spamass-milter's error handling in this case is pretty bad..  I don't
think it cleanly handles fork failure, exec failure, or spamc connect
failure correctly.  It's partially because all that stuff happens in
the constructor for the Spamassassin object.  I don't even know how to
return an error from a constructor.

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden