Re: New Feature REQUEST - Redirect localpart only

From: Dan Nelson
Subject: Re: New Feature REQUEST - Redirect localpart only
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 17:08:47 -0500

Then <spam> would expand to <address@hidden>

> I'm using an envelope milter that I found elsewhere that's designed
> to work with SA that just redirects mail when SA tags it as spam
> (with SA-milt 0.13). I'm planning to upgrade to 0.20 this week.
>
> I guess my preference would be to redirect to <address@hidden>.
> What's involved in sending a redirected message to each user?  I'm
> assuming we're talking about envelope recipients (RCPT TO:'s) as
> opposed to all of the e-mail addresses that the message was sent to.

Right, only envelope recipients matter here.  That's doable, too.  So
if an incoming spam was sent "To: address@hidden, address@hidden,
address@hidden, and address@hidden", but you are MX'ing for hostA and
hostB, the incoming message would have an evelope recipient list of
"address@hidden, address@hidden, address@hidden", and the redirected
message would go to address@hidden and address@hidden

You'd want to make sure that you mever scanned outgoing emails, though,
or else an accidentally-tagged message could end up being sent to
"address@hidden", etc.

> Admittedly, I have only a cursory knowledge of sendmail's milter
> inner workings.

Read http://www.sendmail.com/partner/resources/development/milter_api/
and know as much as the rest of us do :)

--
        Dan Nelson
        address@hidden