Log messages from sendmail (slightly strange)

From: Cassandra Lynette Brockett
Subject: Log messages from sendmail (slightly strange)
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 00:51:47 -0700

Due to various reasons the server here has been upgraded to redhat 9 (not by
my choice, eventually I'll be able to install it as a debian box but it's
stuck with rhat at the moment due to software raid...)  and now the redhat
sendmail is addding the following lines in the system logs :-

Jul 31 00:33:28 hotline sendmail[5563]: h6V7XLmo005563: Milter add: header:

I have also seen the X-Spam-Report: header being added as well.

I had not noticed before that spamassassin is being allowed to add those
headers to the message... I had turned on -m to stop the messages being
modified at all, and I've only started noticing since the upgrade.

So, basically, the question I have to ask is whether or not it is possible
to have these headers stripped by spamass-milter as there are some users I
have wanted to hide spamassassin being run for, so those headers being added
cause me some small problems.

Those headers could also be causing the hits with razor2 when spamassassin
is being run from the global procmailrc, but not from spamass-milter, so it
would be interesting to see the results without this in there...

Regards,
    Cassandra