Building Statistics Reports

From: Adam Bayless
Subject: Building Statistics Reports
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 11:55:16 -0700

My customers want a report at the end of each month showing how many messages were marked as spam for their particular mailbox or domain. The only way I can see to come up with this would be to munge the sendmail logfile and use the message id to compare the lines from sendmail and spamass-milter to see if a message for a particular email address was marked as spam. It'd be a lot easier if spamass-milter logged the email address either on the line where it adds the header, like:

Milter add: header: X-Spam-Status: No, hits=-4.9 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_00 autolearn=no version=2.63 address@hidden

or even on a line by itself. Is that easy or even doable?

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Bayless                    |      vi /etc/mail/aliases
Fibernet System Janitor         |      complaints: /dev/null
address@hidden          |      :wq
baylessfamily.org/~abayless     |      newaliases