Re: NULL context in mlfi_close

From: junk
Subject: Re: NULL context in mlfi_close
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 10:16:17 -0500

Dan,

Thanks for a quick response.
If this problem is a sendmail bug, then I don't understand how clamav gets
around it.  It seems to be oblivious to any other milter and is able to process
messages just fine.
I only installed spamass-milter yesterday after having no luck whatsoever in
getting spamassassin to run as a milter.  No spamassassin documentation talks
about a need for spamass-milter.  Could sendmail talk to spamassassin directly
over the socket?
It appears to me that the way this works is that sendmail sends data to spamas-
milter over a socket.  Spmass-milter then talks to spamd as it were a
spamassassin client, spamc.  If spamass-milter is needed and if that's how the
exchange takes place, should there not be two different sockets involved here:
one from sendmail to spamass-milter and then another one between spamass-milter
and spamd.  In my configuration, spamassassin is called with these options:
-L -D -d -m5 -uspamd --socketpath=/var/run/spammilter/spamass.so
ck
and spamass-milter is called with these:
SOCKET="/var/run/spammilter/spamass.sock"
EXTRA_FLAGS="-m -r 15 -u spamd -- -U/var/run/spammilter/spamass.sock"
Should two separate sockets be used?

Greg