Re: Question about how to invoke spamd for SQL.

From: Dan O'Brien
Subject: Re: Question about how to invoke spamd for SQL.
Date: Wed, 4 May 2005 12:23:21 -0400

"Steven W. Orr" <address@hidden> wrote:
> (The reason for using MySQL is partially for education
> and partially because spamass-milter sort of requires it to avoid use of

> sitewide bayesian data.)

While this doesn't address the fact that you want to geek out on SQL :-),
SA 3.x has better (read: "any") support for virutal users.  You can store
per-user Bayes and whitelist information in a administrator-specified
directory by starting spamd with the --virtual-config-dir option.  I've
used the following option at a couple of sites in the
/etc/sysconfig/spamassassin file (I'm a RedHat/Fedora/CentOS man, myself):

--virtual-config-dir=/var/local/spam/configs/%l

The %l gets replaced with the localpart of the mail adddress.  For a
fancier, multi-domain setup you could use

--virtual-config-dir=/var/local/spam/configs/%d/%l

which would create a directory for the domain (%d substitution) and a
subdirectory for each user's settings.  A full list of the substitions can
be found under "man spamd".

Dan O'Brien

Axon Solutions, Inc.           Telephone: 703-845-8400
P.O Box 16725                  Facsimile: 703-845-5568
Alexandria, VA  22302            www.axonsolutions.com