RE: Problem with SA/spamass-milter/MySQL/bayes.

From: Cassandra L Brockett
Subject: RE: Problem with SA/spamass-milter/MySQL/bayes.
Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:22:48 -0700

Just noticing this, and thought I would ask...

The -u option to spamass-milter only comes into play if the username of
the email message is unknown (very rare, usually a mail server bug), or
if there is multiple recipients...

So in other words, if you are somehow using the root account to receive
your email and expecting spamass-milter to pass steveo through, it won't
as root is a valid user...

I know it seems rather obvious and you have probably already checked
that - but what about aliases and redirections of that nature, as
spamass-milter does do checking of alias trees and all that before
delivering messages.

If all the above is right (that is the mail is being sent to
steveo@<whereever>, and that is not an alias to root, or a redirection
to root anywhere), then it sounds like you do have a real bug...

--
Cassandra

] On Behalf Of Steven W. Orr