RE: Maybe a bug ?

From: Frank Luedke
Subject: RE: Maybe a bug ?
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 15:52:07 +0200

Am Fr, den 14.10.2005 schrieb Jim Johnson um 15:16:

> >   Hi there.
> >
> >   I have a system here with approx 10.000 Emails
> >  per day, running RHEL 3. I use a self-compiled
> >  version of SA 3.1.0 and the sa-milter 0.3. The
> >  box runs as an email relay server with no local
> >  adresses.
> >
> >   When I add the flag "-r 15", everything works fine.
> >
> >   When I add the flags "-r 15 -b <outside-email>",
> >  the cpu load will go up to 99% after a few minutes.
>

> See the two attached old list messages for more info on this.

  The attachments referred to loops caused by "-b". As i wrote,
 I am using the system as a pure email relay server, which
 forwards all incoming emails to another email server. So
 the transport of the emails is always working, also
 with "-r 15 -b <outside-email". But the CPU load goes
 heavily up. System load goes up to about 4-6. But the
 system is still doing its job without any loops.

  However, when I just use "-r 15", CPU load goes down
 to 1-10%, system load is at 0.1 to 1.0.

.fl