Announce: milter_watch-0.5

From: Damian Menscher
Subject: Announce: milter_watch-0.5
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 22:16:26 -0500 (CDT)

I am pleased to announce a new release of milter_watch, a utility designed to run out of cron to verify the correct functionality of spam- and virus-filtering milters (so they can be automatically restarted if they misbehave). New features have inspired a name-change (from clmilter_watch to milter_watch). Current users should read the documentation (milter_watch -h) for changes since the previous version. In particular, some defaults have changed.

Version 0.5 introduces two new features:

Previous versions only tested virus milters, such as clamav-milter. The current version adds support for spam milters, such as spamass-milter.

This release also allows one to test milters that are running on TCP ports on remote machines.

As always, milter_watch is open source software, and is available for download from
    http://www.itg.uiuc.edu/itg_software/milter_watch/

Bug reports and feature requests (preferably with patches) may be sent directly to me.

Damian Menscher
--
-=#| <address@hidden> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(650)253-2757 |#=-
-=#| The above opinions are not necessarily those of my employers. |#=-